It may seem simple, but it can be time consuming and a bit overwhelming. University Relations can help you find the platform and type of content that will help you achieve your goals.
If you are just starting a social media presence for your school, college, office or department please consult with University Relations about the platform that can best serve you and your social communications goals.
The general purpose of social media is to:
- Reach the audience in a different way.
- Have a different sort of conversation.
- Engage people without expecting them to go to the website.
- Offer an authentic voice.
At UAF, the purpose of social media is to:
- Support a lifetime connection with alumni (which translates into engagement).
- Recruit prospective students.
- Inform and educate.
- Offer customer service to campus and the public.
- Support the academic mission of teaching, research and scholarship.
- Encourage publicity for the university.
- Support internal communication (e.g., with the campus community).
- Build community.
- Reinforce the UAF brand and messaging.