November 15, 2019
TO: Amanda Wall
FROM: Daniel M. White, Chancellor
SUBJ: Tuition and Fee Committee
In order to best serve our students, improve processes, and align with UAF’s strategic goals and initiatives, I am establishing a standing Tuition and Fee Committee. I ask that Associate Vice Chancellor for Financial Services (Amanda Wall) chair this committee, with the following charge:
- Conduct a periodic review of student tuition and fees, including:
- Review UAF’s fee structure and make recommendations to reduce the number and/or complexity of fees charged to students.
- Review the application of student fees to ensure transparency and alignment with strategic goals.
- Review “differential” tuition and fees, where applicable.
- Annually prepare a UAF tuition recommendation for the Chancellor to inform the President’s tuition proposal development.
As a first task, I ask that this committee develop the process to be used for the periodic review, including scope and timing, and recommend a simplified fee structure. Please plan to share this first report with me in January 2020, so that it may be considered prior to the catalog publication deadline. Please refer to Board of Regents’ Policy 05.10 and the corresponding university regulations.
The standing committee will include the following representatives (current incumbents in parentheses):
- AVC Finance (Amanda Wall)
- AVC Student Services (Ali Knabe)
- Student Governance Representative (Daniel Vaziri)
- Graduate Student Representative (Chanachai Charoonsophonsak)
- CTC Administrator (Keith Swarner)
- CRCD Administrator (Brian Uher)
- eCampus Executive Director (Owen Guthrie)
- Athletics Administrator (Terlynn Olds)
- Dean (Todd Sherman)
- OMB Analyst (Shelby Carlson)
- Military and Veteran’s Affairs Director (Jackie Morton)
- Registrar (Mike Earnest)
- Bursar’s Office Subject Matter Expert (Michael McFetridge)
Thank you for your service.
cc: Chancellor's Core Cabinet