March 26, 2020
DATE: March 26, 2020
TO: Chancellor's Core Cabinet
FROM: Daniel M. White, Chancellor
RE: Curtail UAF nonessential spending during COVID-19 pandemic
Thank you for your diligent efforts over the last few weeks to reduce and contain expenditures, including tracking of expenditures and lost revenues related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to track here: https://www.uaf.edu/adminsvc/covid-19-forms.php.
In light of recent events surrounding COVID-19, I am asking you to slow or cease all nonessential spending within your departments.
Exceptions will be considered for items that meet immediate and critical business continuity functions:
- A "must have" to deliver instruction and research;
- A direct bearing on the safety, health and well-being of humans and animals;
- To facilitate compliance with a law or regulation;
- To facilitate basic operating functions, e.g., utilities, IT network; or
- A critical item for which a delay in replacement or renewal could incur a significant downstream cost (it is recommended that the user contact the vendor to determine if there is a grace period or alternative method that could be used to postpone the purchase while limiting the downstream risk).
Please forward this information on to your deans, directors, and fiscal professionals. As the situation changes, I will update accordingly.
CC: Amanda Wall, Interim AVC Financial Services