Required training for UAF employees
To: UAF employees
From: Daniel M. White, Chancellor
Re: Required training for UAF employees
A March 30 memo from the University of Alaska chief human resources officer Keli Hite‐McGee announced the adoption of a new myUA employee training system called the Employee Learning Library. As part of a commitment to making all our campuses safe and respectful places, UA has identified a minimum of four required training programs for all UA employees. The University of Alaska Fairbanks requires additional training for all UAF employees.
Some of you have already taken all or most of these courses and do not need to take them again on the new system. "Anti‐bullying in the Workplace" is a new UA requirement; please note this training must be completed by June 30.
All training programs will eventually be available through the online Employee Learning Library. The myUA platform will allow us to place all required and optional
training on the system, keeping training records in one place. There will be a transition time as we get the additional training programs and everyone’s training records migrated to myUA.
Required trainings for UAF employees
- Injury and Illness Prevention (one time, within 30 days of hire or before undertaking specific activities identified as safety concerns)You do not need to take this training if you already completed UAF Office Safety Training. Your completion records will be updated by Aug. 31, 2018, to reflect this training.
- Hazard Communication (one time, within 30 days of hire or before undertaking specific activities identified as safety concerns) You do not need to take this training if you already completed UAF Hazard Communication. Your completion records will be updated by Aug. 31, 2018, to reflect this training.
- Anti‐bullying in the Workplace (one time, within 30 days of hire or by June 30, 2018)
- Title IX (annually by Oct. 1)
- Employee Safety Orientation (one time, within 30 days of or before undertaking specific activities identified as safety concerns)
- Slips, Trips and Falls (one time, within 30 days of hire or before undertaking specific activities identified as safety concerns)
- Protection of Minors (Part I: Awareness; Part II: Policy and Report. One time for all employees within 30 days of hire or prior to working with minors, and annually if you are an “authorized adult,” as described in the Protection of Minors policy.)
Trainings 1‐4 are available now in the myUA Employee Learning Library. Slips, Trips and Falls and Employee Safety Orientation will be added by July 1, 2018. The two Protection of Minors trainings are expected to be added by the end of the calendar year. We will publicize the availability of each program once it is online.
Once all prior completed training data has been added, you will be able to determine what training you have done by clicking on "About Me," then on "Training and Development," and finally on "Completed." We anticipate the work to transfer prior training records will be done by Aug. 31, 2018.
We are developing information for supervisors about accessing completion reports, requesting exemptions and managing training completions. We will publicize the information when it is complete.
To access the training
- Log in to myUA at https://www.alaska.edu/myua/.
- Click on “myUA Employee Services Dashboard.”
- Click on “My Community” then “Learning Library.”
- Select the trainings you need to complete.
For more information or questions regarding specific trainings, please contact the following people:
Safety Training or Protection of Minors Frances Isgrigg: 474‐5487 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anti‐bullying in the Workplace Brad Lobland: 474‐7700 or email@example.com
Title IX Margo Griffith: 474‐7599 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The complete UAF required training policy is available online.
Thank you for taking time to complete your training, and thank you for your patience as we transition to the new employee learning system. Safety is a priority at UAF; all of these trainings address safety on campus.
Remember: If you see something, say something, do something.