Recognition and Awards
Emerging Leader Scholarship
The Emerging Leader Scholarship is created each year through student registration fees from the annual UAF Leadership Conference. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize attendees at the conference who are emerging as exemplary UAF student leaders. As leaders among their peers, scholarship recipients are recognized for their passion for leadership and their commitment to UAF campus life.
Past Emerging Leader Scholarship Recipients
- Fall 2009- Sara Villalon
- Fall 2008-
- Fall 2007-
- Fall 2006 - Mariah Acton, Alexis Bowman, Ryann Buckman, Megan Richards, and Heather Sinclair
- Fall 2005 - Elizabeth Johnston
- Spring 2005 - Toby Stoeber
- Fall 2004 - Kelsey Alexander
- Spring 2004 - Terin Walton-Rantz
- Fall 2003 - Jackie Mangano
- Spring 2003 - Heather Taggard
UAF's co-curricular awards celebration recognizes student leaders for their achievements outside the classroom. From Resident Assistants to Student Commencement Speakers from Exceptional Student Employee Award recipients to student organization officers...these students are Nanooks worth honoring!
Nanook Leaders Celebration
Graduation with Leadership Honors
In order to recognize exemplary UAF student leaders, the Graduation with Leadership Honors distinction is awarded each spring. As leaders among their peers, these students are commended for their service, commitment, and achievements, which positively contribute to the quality of life in the UAF community. Recipients are selected based on their exemplary leadership contributions, as defined by the LIVE Program Team. Recipients are recognized with a certificate and crimson cord (to be worn with graduation gowns).
- 2006-2007 Graduation with Leadership Honors Recipients
- 2005-2006 Graduation with Leadership Honors Recipients
- 2004-2005 Graduation with Leadership Honors Recipients
- 2003-2004 Graudation with Leadership Honors Recipients