Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges
SOC is a system of college curricula designed for active duty military and their family members. It provides military students with the opportunity to complete a college degree program (associate of arts or associate of applied science) without losing credits because of frequent changes in duty station. SOC curricula are offered by colleges and universities and are accessible at most Army installations worldwide.
Earn your degree through UAF's SOC program in:
- A.A. general program
- A.A.S. culinary arts
- A.A.S. applied accounting
- B.E.M. homeland security and emergency management
Benefits of UAF's SOC program
Are you changing your station (PCSing) before you complete your degree? Not a problem! Credits earned at your next duty station will count toward your UAF program.
- Take up to five years to complete your UAF associate of arts or associate of applied science degree. You need to earn at least six credits at UAF with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Take up to seven years to complete your UAF baccalaureate degree. You need to earn at least thirty credits at UAF with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
- Classes are offered in convenient locations in the Fairbanks area as well as online.
- Once admitted to a UAF degree program, you can receive college credit for your military experience.
- Active duty military from any branch of service , National Guard and spouses or dependents are eligible to participate.