First Year Experience Seminars
Offered each semester for first-year students, both freshmen and transfer students
First Year Experience (FYE) Seminars provide an unparalleled opportunity for small groups of students to explore a thought-provoking scholarly topic outside of General Education requirements.
- Learn how scholarship is conducted in specific disciplines.
- Practice using UAOnline to register for courses, add/drop courses, check financial aid, and more.
- Get familiar with using DegreeWorks to determine your outstanding graduation requirements.
- Improve your understanding of academic planning, program requirements, and student code of conduct at UAF.
- National research shows that first-year seminars improve 4-year graduation rates and college GPA among all students.
- All FYE seminars are graded pass/fail.
- Students who enroll but do not complete or pass the course will be charged $45.
Earn one free credit!
- Tuition and all fees are paid for First Year Seminars.
- Students who enroll but do not complete the course will be charged $45.
- Contact the URSA office 450-8772 or email@example.com for more information.
Spring 2015 Semester
Introduction to Undergraduate Research & Scholarly Activity
Instructor Barbara Taylor
FYE F100 FE1
Wednesdays 5:30 - 6:30 pm January 15 - April 22, 2015 CRN 38823
Learn about the diversity of research at UAF and the opportunities for undergraduate student participation in research and creative scholarship from the researchers themselves. Gain a broad understanding of the significance, process and impact of research and creative scholarship on UAF campuses.