Marketing and design
UAF is students, research and public service. Starting with careful analysis and strategy, University Relations supports all three by sharing the facts and stories that make up the university.
UR provides professional marketing and creative consultation to help you promote your college, department, program or event.
On the marketing side, our staff can advise and guide you with planning, advertising, market research and advertising placement, budget recommendations, and identifying potential resources and partners to help you with your marketing endeavors.
On the creative side, we offer concept development, branding information and guidance on making sure your online and print publications are professional, well-designed and well-written.
University Relations can also review publications for editing and design. All new requests for publication review should be directed to our project request form.
- Review grammar, clarity and appropriate use of the UAF name and EEO statement.
- Edit for style using the UAF editorial style guide.
- If specified, we can provide a less thorough review that will identify only those items that must be changed before publication.
Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but these are general guidelines:
- Quick reviews (one page or less): 2 working days
- Brochures, small publications: 3 working days
- Large projects: 5-7 working days
- Review for correct use of the UAF logo, colors and appropriate use of UAF name.
- Review design and make recommendations.
- Review photos: check University Relations usage, cutline and credits.
Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but review of projects can generally be turned around within three working days.
- Trademark usage review: 1-2 working days
- Publication, advertising, signage, banner review: 1-2 working days
- Design review and recommendation: 5-7 working days