Time Sheet Procedures & How To's
Time Sheet Examples
Forms & Templates
UAF Payroll Group Email:
Web Time Entry
BoR Reg. 05-02: Finance & Business Management
Employment Definitions BOR R04.05.020.
D. Fair Labor Standards Act and Alaska Wage and Hour Law Criteria
- Nonexempt Employment
- Employees in nonexempt categories will be compensated on an hourly basis, rather than salary, and will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 per work week, as approved in advance by the employee's immediate supervisor, unless otherwise excepted by the Fair Labor Standards Act and/or the Alaska Wage and Hour Laws. Hours worked excludes all leave and holiday hours.
- Nonexempt employees will not be eligible for compensatory time-off in lieu of overtime pay. This regulation does not prohibit the arrangement of flexible working schedules for employees which do not exceed 40 hours in any work week.
- Nonexempt employees are required to submit timesheets for all hours.
- Exempt Employment
- Employees in exempt categories will be compensated by salary, rather than hourly rates of pay, and will not be eligible for overtime pay.
- Exempt employees are not required by federal or state law to submit timesheets for pay purposes; however, they may be required to do so by the supervisor or department head and must always submit timesheets when using leave hours during the pay period in question.