2013-2014 Staff Council Officers
Congratulations to the recently elected Staff Council Officers for 2013-2014: Brad Krick, President and Ashley Munro, Vice President. Brad and Ashley will take office on June 1, 2013. There term rund through May 31, 2014.
June 19th Staff Council Meeting #240 - CANCELED
UAF Staff Council has cancelled the June 19 Staff Council Meeting (#240). The next Staff Council meeting will be held on August 21, 2013 from 8:45-11AM in the Wood Center Ballroom.
Staff Council Meeting #241
Wednesday, August 21
Join us for the next Staff Council Meeting!
Date: Wednesday, August 21
Location: Wood Center Ballroom
The meeting is also available via toll-free audio conference.
Phone #: 1-800-893-8850
This meeting is open to the public. Public Comment is scheduled for 9:00AM. All university employees are encouraged to attend.
For more information contact the UAF Staff Council Office 474-7056 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Explanation of 'Utilizing Staff Benefit Rate Reductions' as a FY14 Budget Management Action
The following explanation refers to the phrase 'Utilizing Staff Benefit Rate Reductions’ that was listed as a ‘budget management action’ in Chancellor Rogers’ ‘FY14 Budget Status’ email from April 29, 2013:
- 'Staff benefit rate reductions' apply to units and departments. They do not apply to individual staff and will not directly affect benefits received by staff. This will not result in any expenses being transferred to staff, nor will it result in a reduction in any staff benefits, such as health care.
- Staff benefit rate reductions apply to the benefit rates paid by a unit or department, which are charged as a percentage of an employee’s salary. The benefit rate for FY14 will be lower than the benefit rate applied in FY13. This will result in unit savings, which will likely be needed to cover pay increases. FY14 rates are set and published at http://www.alaska.edu/cost-analysis/downloads/Reports/FY14_FB_Prop.pdf.
Staff Council would like to thank Bob Shefchik, Executive Officer with the Chancellor's Office and Pat Pitney, Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, for their assistance with this explanation.
Staff Council Constitution
Staff Council Bylaws
Staff Council Unit Information
Click here to access department listings by unit. (PDF)
UAF STAFF COUNCIL BLOG
To read the latest information and submit feedback and comments on important staff issues, visit our blog: www.uafstaffcouncilinfo.blogspot.com. Check back often for updates!
Staff Alliance Blog
Staff Council Committee Membership List
Staff Council Committee Membership and External Committee Representative List (PDF) - Updated 5/17/13
Links & Information
- Arctic Innovation Competition Information
- UAF Office of Management and Budget - FY14 Budget Requet Information
- 2005 Faculty Work Life Study
- CDAC 2011 Online Campus Climate Survey
- UAF Branding Survey
- UA Strategic Direction: Shaping Alaska's Future 2017
- 2013 Chancellor's Cornerstone Award Information
- Staff Alliance Form for Submitting Suggestions for UA Policy and Regulation Reveiw
- Board of Regents Policy and University Regulations
- Staff Alliance's Compensation Working Group Website
- Staff Alliance's Staff Health Care Committee (SHCC) Website
- Proposed 'Emergency Closure and Leave Options Policy'
- UAF Police Department's 'NIXLE' Information Page
Find out more about registering for UAF's 'NIXLE' Community Information Service, a free service proviging electronic notification of public safety alerts related to the UAF community.
- UAF Building Dashboard
- Universtity Advocacy Kit: Useful Links
Helpful information about advocating for the university
The following information is provided to you by UAF Human Resources. Although this information can be found in other locations on the UAF web site, the UA Statewide web site and other government sites, it is provided to you here to make it easier on you to find things. This is a consolidation of the "key subjects for employees" as identified by the UAF Staff Council.