Rural Affairs Committee
Current Chair: Chris Brooks
According to Staff Council Bylaws, the committee's charge is as follows:
Section 5. A. V. Rural Affairs Committee
- The chairperson shall be elected from the committee members.
- As an ex-officio member of the committee, the President is charged with communicating concerns of the Rural Affairs Committee to the Chancellor and Governance Coordinating Committee.
- The committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the general welfare of the UAF community not residing on the Fairbanks campus.
- Monitor all activities affecting compliance with the College of Rural and Community Development mission statement of the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- The chairperson of the committee may establish subcommittees for specific issues.