Staff Council Committee Information
Current Committee Membership and Representation
The Administrative Committee is one of five permanent committees established by UAF Staff Council Bylaws.
The Admin Committee serves to hold the President-Elect as the chairperson. Other members of the committee shall be the chairpersons of the permanent committees.
1. Prepare the agenda for Staff Council meetings,
2. provide a committee report to Staff Council and to;
3. represent and act on behalf of the Staff Council between Staff Council meetings.
University Advocacy Committee
The University Advocacy Committee is one of five permanent committees established by UAF Staff Council Bylaws.
1. Organize events and functions to help make the public aware of the value of University staff, as well as students and faculty.
2. Organize events and functions that increase staff morale and awareness of the University.
Advocacy organizes various campus tours each semester. These tours give staff members excellent opportunities to learn about the exciting and interesting projects across UAF. Recent tours have included Poker Flat Rocket Research Range and the Arctic Region Supercomputing Center's Discovery Lab.
Elections, Membership and Rules Committee
The Elections, Membership and Rules Committee is one of five permanent committees established by UAF Staff Council Bylaws.
Conduct elections for unit representatives, alternates, and President-Elect, review unit composition and maintain a membership list, review the bylaws and constitution to reflect the needs of the body, review unit designations and generate petitions for unit designation changes as required, accept and pre-qualify petitions for proposed changes to unit designations from constituents.
Rural Affairs Committee
The Rural Affairs Committee is one of five permanent committees established by UAF Staff Council Bylaws.
- Oversee the general welfare of the UAF community not residing on the Fairbanks campus and;
- Monitor all activities affecting compliance with the Rural College mission statement of the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Staff Affairs Committee
The Staff Affairs Committee is one of five permanent committees established by UAF Staff Council Bylaws.
- Work on issues such as benefits, compensation, grievance procedures, position evaluation and hiring procedures, and any matters which affect the health and welfare of the staff.
- This is in an advocacy role, as Staff Council has no organized recognition as a bargaining unit within the UA structure.
The current chair of Staff Affairs is MaryAlice Short.
2012 Annual Committee Reports
Annual reports will be posted as they become available
* The annual reports below may be annual reports written by Staff Council Representatives on the committee for Staff Council; they are not necessarily the specific committee's annual report.
- Staff Council Committees:
- Permanent Committees Staff Council Committees
- Ad Hoc Staff Council Committees
- Reports from Staff Council Representatives Serving on Non-Staff Council UAF Committees
- Master Planning Committee (MPC) (PDF)
- Parking Advisory Committee (PDF)
- Chancellor's Planning and Budget Committee (PDF)
- Chancellor's Diversity Action Committee (CDAC) (PDF)
- Accreditation Steering Committee (PDF)
- Meritorious Service Award Committee
- Technology Advisory Board (TAB)
- Intercollegiate Athletic Council (PDF)
- People's Endowment Fund Board (PDF)
To volunteer, please contact the UAF Governance Office, 314 Signers Hall, (907) 474-7056.