Announcing our 2017-2018 Season!
Famous For Fifteen Minutes playwright festival! One night only (Saturday, February 24, 2018 @ 7:00pm) - Free!
The UAF Student Drama Association presents Famous For Fifteen, our annual staged reading of locally written plays. Each play lasts 5-15 minites each, and will be followed by a brief audience talk back session.
This year’s selections include:
Bad Necromance by Tom Moran
Wonder by Connor Ito
Piece by Sarah Williams
The Eternal Sea by Eugene Cole
Love for a Monster by Sam Thompson
With Friends Like These by Freddy Gryder
The Harsh Truth About Magical Creatures by Casey Wheeldon
"A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare. Guest director Andrew Cassel.
March 23-April 8, 2018.
One of Shakespeare's most beloved and greatest comedies. Tickets are available now!
- Friday, March 23 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 24 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 25 @ 2:00pm
- Friday, March 30 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 31 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, April 1 @ 2:00pm
- Friday, April 6 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, April 7 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, April 8 @ 2:00pm
Andrew Cassel - A Midsummer Night’s Dream is Andrew’s debut as a main stage director for Theatre UAF. Previous directing experience includes work with Theatre UAF’s Student Drama Association (Split, An Evening Crossword, The Author’s Voice, Anything For You, Post-Its and assistant directing the main stage Speech and Debate with Carrie Baker). Work with other companies: Fairbanks Shakespeare Theatre (Titus Andronicus, Two Gentlemen of Verona and assistant directing 2013’s Romeo and Juliet with FST founder Bruce Rogers), Fairbanks Drama Association (The Mousetrap, The Odd Couple, Dracula, Blithe Spirit and the upcoming A Christmas Carol), The Green Room (Bash) and at the Catholic Schools of Fairbanks (Dracula, Sorry Wrong Number). Andrew holds a BA in Theatre-Performance from the University of Alaska Fairbanks College of Liberal Arts Department of Theatre.
The North Star Ballet Company presents their Spring gala featuring "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" April 20-22, 2018
Performance schedule to be announced.
- Please note: tickets held at “will call”, even if paid for, will be released for resale 10 minutes prior to curtain/showtime.
- Unclaimed seats (if you have your tickets, but aren’t at the theatre) 5 minutes prior to curtain may also be resold. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to performances so that we may start on time.