Famous For Fifteen minutes playwright festival presented by the UAF Student Drama Association (SDA): Saturday, February 25, 2017 @ 7:00pm Free in the Lee H. Salisbury Theatre.
Five Women Wearing the Same Dress by Alan Ball
March 24 - April 2, 2017
"THE STORY: During an ostentatious wedding reception at a Knoxville, Tennessee, estate, five reluctant, identically clad bridesmaids hide out in an upstairs bedroom, each with her own reason to avoid the proceedings below. They are Frances, a painfully sweet but sheltered fundamentalist; Mindy, the cheerful, wise-cracking lesbian sister of the groom; Georgeanne, whose heartbreak over her own failed marriage triggers outrageous behavior; Meredith, the bride's younger sister whose precocious rebelliousness masks a dark secret; and Trisha, a jaded beauty whose die-hard cynicism about men is called into question when she meets Tripp, a charming bad-boy usher to whom there is more than meets the eye. As the afternoon wears on, these five very different women joyously discover a common bond in this wickedly funny, irreverent and touching celebration of the women's spirit."
An irreverent and funny look at the intricacies of friendship and the power of similar dressing. "…[a] wonderfully entertaining play…" —NY Post.
"FIVE WOMEN WEARING THE SAME DRESS is a fresh-as-a-daisy comedy, funny as can be…" —NY Daily News.
"Ball has the comic writer's requisite talent for dialogue that ricochets snappily around the stage." —TheaterWeek.
--Dramatist Play Service, Inc.
Playwright Alan Ball wrote American Beauty and wrote for & created Six Feet Under and True Blood.
- Friday, March 24 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 25 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 26 @ 2:00pm - look for special/reduced matinee pricing right here in March!
- Friday, March 31 @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, April 1 @ 7:30pm
- Sunday, April 2 @ 2:00pm
Thaw Out Film Festival produced by the UAF Film Club, April 8 @ 7:00pm - Hess Rec. Center
- Please note: tickets held at “will call”, even if paid for, will be released for resale 10 minutes prior to curtain/showtime.
- Unclaimed seats (if you have your tickets, but aren’t at the theatre) 5 minutes prior to curtain may also be resold. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to performances so that we may start on time.