Spring 2015 courses (Film and Theatre)
Click on the image to open a PDF file with active links to the course on UAOnline.
- THR F101 - Theatre Practicum - 36226
- THR F191 - Audition or Portfolio Review Participation - 36237
- THR F200X - Aesthetic Appreciation: Interrelation of Art, Drama and Music - Multiple sections offered.
- THR F201 - Theatre Practicum - 36375
- THR F291 - Audition or Portfolio Review Participation II - 36246
- THR F298 - Undergraduate Research - 36247
- THR F301 - Theatre Practicum - 36248
- THR F401 - Theatre Practicum - 36253
- THR F417 - Internship in Theatre Practice - 36380
- THR F498 - Undergraduate Research - 36254
- THR F499 - Thesis Project - 36255
Documentary Film Edit Lab
Spring Break Course 2015
This is a hands-on practicum course in which students will be able to participate in a documentary film edit lab. The film, currently under the working title "We Breathe Again" is an ambitious documentary, years in the making, which follows five Alaska Native people as they navigate the hardships of suicide in their communities. Edit Lab will allow students to develop an understanding of the film editing process, choices, decisions, and methods that shape a film from rough cut to fine cut. The edit lab will include the documentary film producers, director, editor, and supervising editor to work hands-on with the students in the deliberation process. The final film is contracted to air nationally on Public Television through Vision Makers Media.
"...one of the central responsibilities of the editor, ... is to establish an interesting, coherent rhythm of emotion and thought — on the tiniest and largest scales — that allows the audience to trust, to give themselves to the film." --- Walter Murch
When: March 13-March 17, 2015
Friday March 13 6PM – 9PM – Introduction and Welcome Dinner
Saturday March 14 - MARCH 17 - 9AM – 9PM – Edit Lab*
*includes Lunch and Dinner
WHERE: University of Alaska Fairbanks, Department of Theatre and Film, Fine Arts Complex, Theatre Room 101
Design and make your own pirate costume this summer while earning humanities credits and learning about professional theater costuming.
We are currently working on adding all of our courses to the list below. Click on a course title to view a description of that class.
Courses in bold are available for the current semester's registration (Spring, 2015).
Many of the courses also offer a link to an example syllabus as well.
More in-depth course information will be added as time allows.
Thank you for your patience.