AUDITIONS: An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley
September 6, 2014, 1-5 pm
WHAT: Theatre UAF's fall mainstage production is An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestley. The action of the play occurs in an English industrial city, where a young girl commits suicide and an eminently respectable British family is subject to a routine inquiry in connection with the death. An inspector calls to interrogate the family, and during the course of his questioning, all members of the group are implicated lightly or deeply in the girl’s undoing.
Directed by: Brian Cook (email@example.com)
Rehearsal Dates: Mondays-Thursdays, 6-10 p.m., September 8-November 6, 2014
Performance Dates: November 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 2014
- INDIVIDUAL AUDITIONS will be in three-minute slots between 1-2:30 p.m. on Sept. 6.
- Actors should sign up for an audition time on the Theatre UAF callboard or contact Kim Eames (474-6590) for an appointment.
- CALLBACKS will be 3-5 p.m.
- All actors should plan to be available for callbacks from 3-5 p.m., though not all will be needed. A callback list will be posted at 2:45 p.m.
- ALL ACTORS should sign up for a three-minute audition slot.
- Pick up an monologue packet and select one of the monologues that has been pulled from the script. These monologues are available in the department office (302 Great Hall) or by calling Kim at 474-6590.
- Prepare your monologue; you will present it during your audition slot. Click here for preparation suggestions. Click here for character descriptions.
- Though we will be using British dialect in performance, please do not use a dialect when presenting your monologue for auditions.
- Actors will need to fill out Theatre UAF's Actor Information Form. It will be available at the auditions, or you can print it and fill it out and bring it with you to the audition.
- Actors will also fill out a show-specific audition form detailing their availabilty for rehearsals and their previous performance experience at the time of their audition. Please arrive early for your time slot in order to check in and fill out all paperwork.
- All actors should plan to be available from 3-5 p.m. A callback list will be posted at 2:45 p.m. listing the actors needed.
- Actors will be grouped together to read scenes from the script with one another.
- Actors should read the script prior to auditions. Paper scripts are available in the Theatre UAF office (302 Great Hall). Stop by or call Kim at 474-6590.