There historically have been 12 Office of Sustainability student positions listed through Student Affairs. We are always looking for individual who are interested in and committed to sustainability. This includes individuals who want to promote green living and get others involved.
If any positions are open, they will be listed all in one ad at www.uakjobs.com.
The 12 general positions are:
- GARDENING REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to oversee sustainable practices encouraged and embraced, by and through, gardening on campus.
- PLASTICS RECYCLING REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to, in conjunction with the ASUAF recycling director, develop and maintain plastics recycling on campus.
- THERMOSTAT-PARKING REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to represent the student body's wishes to facilitate the implementation of thermostat technologies in campus infrastructure.
- BIKING REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to coordinate infrastructure expansion and development of biking programs on campus.
- VOLUNTEER PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to act as liason between sustainability oriented programs to encourage public involvement in sustainability.
- CTC REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to act as a liason between main campus sustainability efforts and CTC.
- PRE-PROCUREMENT OFFICER - Hired to ensure the quality and cost of items purchased by the SIREN fund meets the needs of the RISE Boards intentions, by assisting with accounting.
- RESIDENCE LIFE COORDINATOR - Hired to encourage dormitory sustainability, and oversee programs and events related to on campus living.
- VEHICLE OVERSIGHT REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to manage and monitor the efficiency of vehicles on campus, including rentals, busses, and personal and department vehicles.
- COMPOST REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to create and facilitate a composting program on campus.
- ELECTRICAL REPRESENTATIVE - Hired to monitor the efficiency of electrical usage on campus, including (but not limited to) lighting, computers, and alternative resource development.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER - Hired to create and administrate digital media to organize efforts and encourage collaboration between interested parties