High School Students

Take College Courses while in High School

Summer courses are an excellent way for high school students to begin a college career. This summer there are more than 50 UAF lower division courses that high school students can take with permission from the instructor.

To register, complete the High School Student Enrollment Form. Paper forms are also available in the Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning office in Eielson 216 and at the Office of Admissions and the Registrar on the ground floor of Signers' Hall.

Once a high school student registers for a UAF class, they are covered by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) even though the high school student is a minor. As a result, the student determines what of their information can be released and to whom. Students can complete a FERPA Release Form giving access to their university information to parents or guardians.

For more information contact the Office of Admissions and the Registrar at (907) 474-7500 or Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning at (907) 474-7021, toll free 866-404-7021.

Submit the completed registration form:

In Person:
Office of Admissions and the Registrar, Signer’s Hall First Floor
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., excluding holidays

By Mail:
UAF Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning
PO Box 757540
Fairbanks, AK 99775-7540

Dual Enrollment

FNSB high school students may be able to use University of Alaska Fairbanks course credits toward high school graduation. An Outside Credit Request Form is available at high school counseling offices. The approval for outside credit is given on a course-by-course basis and does not require admission to the university. This process must be completed with the school district prior to starting the university course.

For more information contact your high school counselor or email Summer Sessions & Lifelong Learning.

Student Support Information

To learn about fees, books, parking, etc - follow the link.

Leadership and Academic Programs

Back to Top