WINTERmester 2015 classes meet January 3, 5-9, 12-14. Note the start on a Saturday.
2015 WINTERmester credit courses are intense; a three-credit class meets for only nine days. Many credit courses require reading to be completed prior to the start of class. Check the course syllabi for more information.
- A 2.5 GPA is required to take a 100 or 200 level course during WINTERmester.
- Registration is limited to 3 credits during WINTERmester.
WINTERmester payment must be completed by January 5. Late payment fees begin January 6. Students with guaranteed financial aid for spring semester will have payment applied to their account with the spring financial aid disbursement.
- Dorm housing is available. Contact Residence Life for information and reservations at 907-474-7247.
Individuals qualified to use a Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver must attend the first day of class, January 3, to determine if space is available in a credit course. If the instructor verifies there is space, registration and payment can be completed in Signers Hall on January 5. The waiver applies only to tuition; non-credit course fees and books are the responsibility of the student.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credits can I take in WINTERmester?
- Limit of three.
Are WINTERmester credits counted in my total spring credit load?
What if WINTERmester causes a credit overload in my spring schedule?
- Banner will not accept a registration that creates a credit overload without prior authorization. It is understood that a WINTERmester course is offered in a separate time frame from other spring courses, but Banner doesn’t see it that way.
To get overload permission entered into Banner to take a WINTERmester course, students can email firstname.lastname@example.org their student ID and the requested WINTERmester course name and CRN. It is helpful to put "WINTERmester Credit Overload” in the subject line. Call 907-474-7500 for additional information.
What about housing during WINTERmester?
- Dorm space will be available during WINTERmester. Check with the Office of Residence Lifefor more information. 474-7247.
When is payment due?
- Payment is due on January 5. If you have guaranteed financial aid, that will be applied to your account with financial aid disbursement.
What about dates and deadlines for WINTERmester?
- First day of class : Last date for drop with 100% refund. No partial refunds.
- Sixth day of class : Last day for student or faculty initiated withdrawal and change to audit with instructor permission.
How do I get prepared for the first class?
- The first day of a WINTERmester course is like the first week of a semester length course. In order to be prepared for the rapid pace of the course, reading is usually required prior to the start of class. The pre-course assignment can be found in the course syllabus.
Do employee tuition waivers work for WINTERmester?
What about parking during WINTERmester?
- All UAF parking rules and regulations are in effect during WINTERmester. Decals are required and parking meters must be paid. Citations received during this time will not be voided or changed to warnings. There are no scheduled shuttle runs from the parking lots during WINTERmester but campus shuttles are available on call at 474-RIDE (474-7433).
- Free parking decal upgrades are available for 40 WINTERmester students. Students must have a current UAF parking decal or purchase one at the time they request the gold permit. Stop by Parking Services to be issued a free, non-transferrable upgrade to park in a gold lot during WINTERmester.
Registration - New Students
Click on the online registration form for non-degree seeking students beginning November 17.
Registration - Continuing Students
Note: All continuing students need to log into UAOnline to register for WINTERmester classes beginning November 10.
Please contact us, if you have any questions regarding the registration process.
907-474-7021 / 216 eielson building / email@example.com