Fall semester is past the midway point and it's time to plan your spring semester.
The Top 10 Reasons to take a WINTERmester course:
- Complete 3 credits in 9 days, before spring semester classes begin.
- Delve into a subject without competing priorities.
- Complete a core class.
- Reduce your course load while continuing to be a full time student during the spring semester.
- Use spring financial aid to pay for a WINTERmester course.
- Receive more individualized attention due to smaller class size.
- Stay on Track and advance toward degree completion.
- Qualify for GOLD parking permit. (Limited to 50 students.)
- Participate in energizing conversations in your class.
- Explore a new topic with a special interest course.
Tell your stateside friends about UAF
2015 Annual Report
Summer 2015 was filled with successful adventures and many
accomplishments. You can read about them here.
Photographing Ireland from North to South
September 25-October 11, 2016
Join Richard Murphy, Pulitzer Prize winning photographer and UAF’s Snedden Chair in Journalism, for a journey from the natural wonders of the North coast to the rugged seacoast of the Southwest as you experience the unrivaled beauty of Ireland. If you choose to take this tour as a photography experience you will learn the full capability of your camera and experience the effects of light and atmosphere on your images. This cultural experience is not only for photographers. All will encounter some of Ireland's greatest treasures, its people, as you meet a member of Parliament in Belfast, dine with local families in Carrigaline, County Cork, and much, much more.
Program fee: $3,950 per person based on double occupancy; single occupancy supplement is $750. All in-country costs are covered including hotels, lectures, entrance fees, three meals a day, tipping, and ground transportation. Your transportation cost to and from Ireland is not included.
Important Note: This program is designed for healthy, active individuals who on any given day are prepared to walk for one to three hours (up to three miles) on rough ground and can easily handle climbing uneven stairs.
Are you interested in an exciting educational travel experience?
In 2016 we are leading cultural tours to Panamá, a rafting experience through the Grand Canyon, and a north to south tour in Ireland with a photography emphasis. To receive notification of new travel opportunities as they become available, send your email address to email@example.com today!
Did you miss one of our free events?
Most of them have been captured on video. Click here to see recordings of past events.
Connect with Summer@UAF
Location: 216 Eielson Building
Toll free: 1-866-404-7021