Resources for SSS Students
First, have you submitted your FAFSA?
- Visit https://fafsa.ed.gov/ to submit a new FAFSA, check your status, or view your Student Aid Report (SAR). (What is a Student Aid Report?)
- FAFSA opens October 1 for following academic year (e.g. 2019-2020 FAFSA opens October 1, 2018)
- FAFSA DUE by June 30 for Alaska Education Grant (AEG) and Alaska Performance Scholarship (APS) recipients
- Need help? Check out the Financial Aid Office
Beyond your FAFSA...
The following resources can be used as a guide to help you find and apply for scholarships. For a hard copy or to work with your SSS advisor on a scholarship application, please come by our office!
SSS Emergency Scholarship - The purpose of this scholarship is to provide temporary financial relief for unexpected personal expenses or in emergency-type situations to current UAF Student Support Services program participants. Please consult your SSS advisor prior to applying.
Click here to access a document listing different resources available in Fairbanks. The categories are as follows:
- Medical Resources
- Hostels & Hotels
- Rental Cars
- Legal Resources
- Financial & Public Assistance
- Disability Resources
- Veterans Resources
- Childcare and Child Services
- Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation Resources
- Spiritual Resources
- Volunteering Opportunities
- General and Other Resources
There is also a physical binder in our office that you are welcome to look through.