Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
What is VITA?
Great Alaska Accounting People (GAAP) provides free income tax assistance, preparation, and electronic filing as part of the IRS Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Learn more on the IRS website.
We cannot prepare returns for: pension earners, military members, capital gains from sale of stock or other assets, annuities, IRA distributions, social security income, rental or farm income, health savings account deductions, general business credit, household employment taxes, Alternative Minimum Tax, or self-employed taxpayers who don’t fit Schedule C-EZ.
When is VITA?
In 2016, VITA will be offered in Room 319 Bunnell Building on the following Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- March 5
- March 26
- April 2
- April 9
Please Note: GAAP reserves the right not to accept returns after 2 p.m. on these dates.
What do I need?
Bring all relevant tax documents including:
- W-2s, 1099s, and other tax documents for income and deductions
- Documentation to substantiate education expenses
- Social Security Cards for taxpayer, spouse, and all dependents
- Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Account information for direct deposit/payment (on personal check)
- If filing jointly, both you and your spouse must be present.
Who should I contact with questions?
For more information, please contact GAAP at (907) 474-7121.