Beta Gamma Sigma
Beta Gamma Sigma is a national honor society recognizing the highest scholastic honor a student can achieve in Business Administration at an AACSB-International accredited institution. To be eligible for membership in this distinguished organization, a student must rank in the upper five percent of the Junior class, the upper ten percent of the Senior class, or the upper twenty percent of graduate students enrolled in the masters degree program. Outstanding sophomores are recognized as honorary members. Tapping and initiation are held during the Spring semester.
The Mission of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the Society, and to serve its lifelong members.
The Mission is supported by the five Objectives of the Society. These include:
- Encourage and honor high academic achievement by students of business and management through chapters in business programs accredited by AACSB International.
- Foster in Beta Gamma Sigma members an enduring commitment to the founding principles and values of the Society: honor and integrity, pursuit of wisdom, and earnestness.
- Support the advancement of business thought and practice to encourage lifelong learning.
- Enhance the value of Beta Gamma Sigma for students and alumni members in their professional lives.
- Advance the visibility and reputation of Beta Gamma Sigma.