Great Alaskan Accounting People
The GAAP Club (Great Alaskan Accounting People) is the accounting club at UAF.
GAAP's purpose is to help accounting students
- learn about the diverse career opportunities available for accounting graduates
- acquire an understanding of the day-to-day work of a professional accountant
- understand career planning and prepare for successful professional placement
Participation in GAAP develops students into professionals who are confident and qualified to accept staff accountant positions that require interaction with CEOs and other high-level management on a daily basis.
For more information, visit GAAP's website.
Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
GAAP provides free income tax assistance, preparation and electronic filing. The GAAP club will be in the Bunnell Building every Saturday during the 2011 tax season to help you with your taxes.
For more information, click here.
GAAP offers many activities that encourage social interaction with accounting faculty, alumni, and students.
- Meetings with professional speakers
- Evening socials with practicing accountants
- Government Night (panel discussion)
- Nonprofit Night (panel discussion)
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
- Office visits to local accounting firms
- Spring break trip to Anchorage businesses
- Resume writing workshops
- Community service activities