MBA Degree Program
The School of Management offers professional education applicable to the fields of management, finance, human resource management, international business, marketing and travel industry management to individuals interested in entering industry or government.
The program prepares graduates to meet the complex problems of the technical, economic and social environment and to enable them to provide imaginative and responsible leadership to industry and government.
The UAF program recognizes that competence in the practice of management necessitates education with both breadth and depth. The graduate program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Tuition for attending UAF changes every year and are dependent on residency. To find a current tuition rates and cost of attendance please visit http://www.uaf.edu/finaid/costs/
Financial Aid Opportunities
SOM’s MBA program also offers financial aid opportunities to its students in the form of a paid Teacher’s Assistant position. There are four positions available that span a three semester period, covering the time it should take a full time student to earn their MBA.
-A 9 credit tuition waiver
-Performing specific duties to better the UAF SOM MBA program
Click here to download the application.
MBA Course Structure
After completing the foundation courses with a "B" or better you may be admitted into the MBA program without having to take any further examinations.
Check out the entire Course Structure.
You should apply six to nine months before the semester in which you plan to enroll. At the latest, your application for graduate admission with all supporting documentation, transcripts, and test scores should be received six weeks prior to beginning classes.
Students with a business degree
- UAF B.B.A. students may be admitted to the M.B.A. program prior to graduating if they meet one of the following:
- Have at least a ‘B' in BA F325, BA F343, BA F360, BA F390 and ECON F227
- Have senior standing and an overall GPA of 3.25 or have at least a ‘B' in BA F325, BA F343, BA F360, BA F390 and ECON F227
- Have senior standing, an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GMAT score of 500 (an average GRE score of 500 will also be accepted)
- Non-UAF applicants with a bachelor's degree with a business major from an AACSB-accredited institution and a 3.25 GPA will be admitted without taking the GMAT or GRE. Other applicants must submit results from the GMAT or GRE.
- Students with a graduate degree from an accredited institution will be admitted without taking the GMAT or GRE.
Check out the UAF Catalogue for more details.
Students without a business background
Don't have a background in Business? Not to worry, you can complete four pre-requisite courses in less than a year, making you eligible to enter our MBA program. Click here for more details about the Pre-MBA classes.