MBA Degree Program
The School of Management offers professional education applicable to the fields of management, finance, human resource management, international business, marketing and travel industry management to individuals interested in entering industry or government.
The program prepares graduates to meet the complex problems of the technical, economic and social environment and to enable them to provide imaginative and responsible leadership to industry and government.
The UAF program recognizes that competence in the practice of management necessitates education with both breadth and depth. The graduate program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Tuition for attending UAF changes every year and are dependent on residency. To find a current tuition rates and cost of attendance please visit http://www.uaf.edu/finaid/costs/
Financial Aid Opportunities
SOM’s MBA program offers financial aid opportunities to its students in the form of paid Teacher’s Assistant positions. There are four positions available that span an academic year (two semesters).
- $14,000 annually
- 9 credit tuition waiver
- Health insurance
- Teaching experience
Contact Anita Hughes for more information.
You should apply six to nine months before the semester in which you plan to enroll. At the latest, your application for graduate admission with all supporting documentation, transcripts, and test scores should be received six weeks prior to beginning classes.
Students with a business degree
- UAF B.B.A. students may be admitted to the M.B.A. program prior to graduating if they meet one of the following:
- Have at least a ‘B' in BA F325, BA F343, BA F360, BA F390 and ECON F227
- Have senior standing and an overall GPA of 3.25 or have at least a ‘B' in BA F325, BA F343, BA F360, BA F390 and ECON F227
- Have senior standing, an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum GMAT score of 500 (an average GRE score of 500 will also be accepted)
- Non-UAF applicants with a bachelor's degree with a business major from an AACSB-accredited institution and a 3.25 GPA will be admitted without taking the GMAT or GRE. Other applicants must submit results from the GMAT or GRE.
- Students with a graduate degree from an accredited institution will be admitted without taking the GMAT or GRE.
Check out the UAF Catalogue for more details.
Students without a business degree
Don't have a degree in Business? Not to worry, you can complete four pre-requisite courses in less than a year, making you eligible to enter our MBA program. Click here for more details about the Pre-MBA classes.
Contact and Admissions Info
For more information regarding admission to the MBA program, pre-MBA courses, or about the program in general, contact:
Dr. Liz Ross, MBA Director
Office 219E, Bunnell Building
Anita Hughes, MBA Program Manager
Office 208A, Bunnell Building