Are you considering an exciting career in Social Work?
Hear directly from our students
The following website has videos from our graduates and current students describing their experience in our program. Listen to their stories and see if Social Work is the degree for you:
Department Mission and Goals
Rooted in core social work values, we educate generalist social work practitioners to promote the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities, emphasizing the diversity and uniqueness of rural Alaska.
We create a community of critical thinkers dedicated to becoming competent, culturally sensitive professionals engaged in lifelong learning. We prepare students:
- For generalist social work practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- To integrate the values and ethics of the social work profession into generalist practice
- To apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments
- To engage diversity in generalist practice to advance human rights and advocate for social and economic justice.
- To understand bio-psycho-social, spiritual, and cultural functioning and apply it to all client systems.