Fisheries Population and Biometry
#305 in the Juneau Center
Monday (or by arrangement)
Montana State University
University of Washington
PublicationsS. E. Miller, M. Adkison and L. Haldorson. 2012. Relationship of water column stability to the growth, condition, and survival of pink salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha) in the northern coastal Gulf of Alaska and Prince William Sound Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 69(5):955-969.
S. E. Miller, M. D. Adkison and L. J. Haldorson. 2012. Differences in stability effects on the marine survival of hatchery pink salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha) within the upwelling and downwelling domains of the northeast Pacific Ocean Fisheries Oceanography. 21(6):430-444.
K. B. Echave, D. H. Hanselman, M. D. Adkison and M. F. Sigler. 2012. Interdecadal change in growth of sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria) in the northeast Pacific Ocean Fishery Bulletin. 110(3):361-374.
E. Steiner, K. Criddle and M. Adkison. 2011. Balancing biological sustainability with the economic needs of Alaska's sockeye salmon fisheries North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 31:431-444.
Steiner E, KR Criddle, & MD Adkison. 2011. Balancing biological sustainability with the economic needs of Alaska’s sockeye salmon fisheries. North American Journal of Fisheries Management. 31:431-444.
M. D. Adkison. 2010. Models of the effects of marine-derived nutrients on salmon (Oncorhynchus spp.) population dynamics Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 67(1):15-May. doi: 10.1139/f09-161 <Go to ISI>://000273522300002
M. D. Adkison. 2010. Management implications of the effects of marine-derived nutrients on salmon population dynamics Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. 67(11):1808-1815. doi: 10.1139/f10-097 <Go to ISI>://000283921200009
E. A. Mathews and M. D. Adkison. 2010. The role of Steller sea lions in a large population decline of harbor seals Marine Mammal Science. 26(4):803-836. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.2010.00375.x <Go to ISI>://000282691000003
M. D. Adkison. 2009. Drawbacks of complex models in frequentist and Bayesian approaches to natural-resource management Ecological Applications. 19(1):198-205. doi: <Go to ISI>://000263516200015
J. J. Piccolo, M. D. Adkison and F. Rue. 2009. Linking Alaskan Salmon Fisheries Management with Ecosystem-based Escapement Goals: A Review and Prospectus Fisheries. 34(3):124-134. doi: <Go to ISI>://000268524700006
- salmon biology and management
- quantitative techniques
- population dynamics
- modeling and Bayesian methods
Current Research Projects
- Development of an Inseason Model to Predict Bristol Bay Sockeye Salmon (Oncorhynchus nerka) Migration Timing
- The Effects of Salmon Abundance and Run Timing on the Performance of Management by Emergency Order
- Retrospective analysis of Chinook salmon growth and survival
- Conservation and dynamics of small populations
- Model selection methodologies for ecological, epidemiological and fisheries data series
- Application of decision analysis and Bayesian statistics to resource management
- Pacific salmon management, esp. forecasting methodologies, implications of climate fluctuations, early marine growth and survival and the economic viability of rural fishing communities
Links to Other Places