Division Strategic Goals
From:Tim Barnett, Executive Dean for Student and Enrollment Services
RE:SES Strategic Goals 2006-2007
I have had an opportunity to review the notes from the Division Strategic Planning meeting in May. After a review of the meeting, the recommendations an explanation of division needs, it became clear that we had not completed the goals developed for the 2005-2006 academic year. For that reason, I have chosen to have the same division goals for 2006-2007 that the division had last year. Attached are the Student and Enrollment Services Goals for 2006-2007.
Strategic Goals 2006-2007
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of a coordinated University recruiting effort that meets UAF's enrollment targets.
- Provide direct programs and services designed to retain students, and provide leadership in University-wide retention efforts.
- Provide programs, opportunity files and services designed to encoumge student success, promote leadership and life skills development, encourage community engagement and build a strong sense of community for all students.
- Invest in the people of the division through effective staff development, training and communication, and build a cohesive SES team.
- Conduct on-going assessment of our programs and services to ensure quality performance and demonstrate effective management of our resources.
- Develop and maintain a strong fiscal policy through careful budgeting, fiscally sound auxiliaries and integrity in the expenditure of university funds.