1.) Please complete all fields with your personal information.
2.) Complete each question by selecting the most correct answer. A score of 100% is required for passing.
3.) When complete, please click “Submit to EHSRM” button.
Department PO Box:
Employee or Student Identification Number
1. OSHA requires manufacturers or distributors of hazardous materials to assess the physical and health hazards of the chemical or product.
2. An SDS must be obtained and maintained for every hazardous chemical/product used in the workplace.
3. The SDS folder should be kept in the main office and not in the area where the chemicals are being used.
4. All SDS must follow a standardized format.
5. Harry is looking through his corrosive chemical cabinet and notices he has a bottle of Muriatic Acid (CAS no. 7647-01-0) and a bottle of Hydrochloric Acid (CAS no. 7647-01-0). Are these two the same acid?
6. Harry is organizing the chemicals in his lab. How should he go about this?
7. Which government agency is considered the regulatory agency regarding PELs (Permissible Exposure Levels)?
8. Which one of the following is NOT considered a local exhaust ventilation system:
9a. LEL/UEL range:
9b. LD 50
10. Hazardous chemical waste is regulated by which agency?
11. Transportation of hazardous chemicals is regulated by which agency?
EHSRM Office1855 Marika RoadPO Box 758145Fairbanks, Alaska 99775-8145Office: 907-474-5413Fax: 907-474-5489 UAF-EHSRM@alaska.edu