1.) Please complete all fields with your personal information.
2.) Complete each question by selecting the most correct answer. A score of 100% is required for passing.
3.) When complete, please click “Submit to EHSRM” button.
Department PO Box Number:
Employee or Student Identification Number:
1. Benzene has all of the following characteristics EXCEPT:
2. The OSHA permissible exposure limit (PEL) for benzene is:
3. If you smell benzene while you are working with it, it is possible that you are over the 15 minute short-term exposure limit (STEL).
4. Inhalation of benzene can cause all of the following EXCEPT:
5. Chronic inhalation of benzene can result in blood disorders including anemia and leukemia.
6. Which of the following is NOT the correct PPE for working with benzene?
7. If you spill a large amount of benzene, you should
8. Initial monitoring may be performed to determine the concentration of benzene in the air.
9. If the air concentration of benzene is at or above 1 ppm, EHSRM will conduct air sampling:
10. A regulated area will be established wherever the airborne concentration of benzene exceeds or can be reasonably expected to exceed the PEL or STEL.
11. Which of the following glove types is recommended for use with benzene?
12. Significant amounts of benzene can be absorbed through skin that is exposed to vapors or liquid, and in this way, can contribute to internal exposure.
13. Benzene’s heavier-than-air vapors:
14. Peter is working with benzene and accidentally knocks the graduated cylinder over in the fume hood. Some benzene is spilled from the cylinder into the small sink located in the fume hood, and goes down the drain. Peter should:
This Site is Mobile Web Ready