Student Awards Breakfast
Our office is coordinating the 2013-2014 Student Awards Breakfast nominations for the program to be held on the Fairbanks campus Saturday, April 26, 2014 in the Carol Brown Ballroom at 9:30 AM. Each undergraduate department or program within CRCD is invited to select an outstanding student. This outstanding student will be presented at the breakfast.
Some points for the departments and programs to be aware of in their selection process are:
- Award recipients must be full-time undergraduate students.
- Award recipients must also be "degree seeking."
- CRCD departments/programs are responsible for the selection criteria
- Each department/program should forward only one (1) outstanding student.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide transporation to bring in students from outlying areas.
When your selection is completed, please notify the outstanding students and their parents of the selection, and extend an invitation to attend the Award Program. Please distribute the attached Awards Breakfast form to selected students. Tickets for the recipient and the recipient's guests are available at the Wood Center Office. The student will also need to fill out a model release form.
Model Release Form -pdf
The Executive Dean will present the awards to your students. You as department chairs/program head (faculty escorts) are welcome to help present as you see fit, and there will be a reserved complimentary ticket for each one. Please submit a list of all faculty escorts no later than Friday, April 4, 2014.
Please note the following deadlines:
- Friday, February 28th - Submit names of recipients to the Executive Dean's office attn: Amanda Loibl, email: email@example.com
- Wednesday, February 26th - Recipients and their parents have been notified
- Friday, April 4th - Submit names of faculty escorts to the Executive Dean's office attn: Amanda Loibl, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please coordinate with your department/programs and have them submit student names, identification numbers, email addresses to me by the deadline. ID numbers, emails are important as it will assist us in contacting the students if needed. Please verify that names are spelled correctly.
These awards should not be confused with the Marion Frances Boswell Memorial Award for outstanding graduating senior woman; the Joel Wiegert Award for the outstanding graduating senior man; and the Gray S. Tilly Memorial Award for the outstanding graduating non-tradional student.
However, the Student Faculty Awards Committee is seeking nominations for these awards. Nominations are accepted online only at www.uaf/studentawards. The deadline for nominations is February 15, 2014.
Thank you for your continued support of the student awards programs at UAF. If you have any questions please contact Amanda Loibl at 907-474-7434 or email email@example.com or Lydia Anderson at 907-474-7037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org