Chancellor's Cornerstone Award
The Chancellor's Cornerstone Award recognizes University of Alaska Fairbanks staff for sustained outstanding contributions toward accomplishing and enhancing the UAF mission and strategic plan. Specific examples of the following should be included in the nomination:
- Advocating on behalf of UAF in th workplace or in the community
- Showing concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Demonstrating consistent superior performance and significantly exceeding position requirements
- Taking on significant responsibilities in addition to exceeding expectations of their job
- Taking ownership of services rendered and acting on behalf of the person being served
- Demonstrating a helpful and positive attitude
- Improving the workplace through exemplary initiative, dedication or leadership
The Staff Make Students Count Award
The Staff Make Students Count Award is to recognize staff who have provided outstanding service to students anywhere in the UA system. Each recipient receives an award plaque, $1,000 and two domestic airline vouchers. All nominees receive a certificate of nomination. The university president will present the award at a Board of Regents meeting.
The Margaret 'Peggy' Wood Staff Recognition Award
The Margaret 'Peggy' Wood Staff Recognition Award is an annual founded in 2004 to recognize outstanding staff working with rural students throughout the College of Rural and Community Development. The award will be given during the UAF Staff Appreciation Day awards ceremony.
The Pathfinder Award honors Kay Thomas, a soft-spoken lady who gave over twenty years of herself to ensure Alaska Native student retention and success in their university studies and experience. Kay is blessed with the gift of humility, grace, and compassion, a person who does not seek praise or accolades. Through her compassionate and highly effective guidance and academic advising skills, Kay impacted the lives of over 2,000 students at the University of Alaska. Kay retired from the Department of Alaska Native Studies and Rural Development (DANSRD) in January 2012.
Student Awards/Wood Campus Center
- Marion Frances Boswell Memorial Award
- Joel Wiegert Award
- Gray Tilly Memorial Award