The College of Rural and Community Development History
CRCD Over The Years
- 1972 - First Rural Community College – Kuskokwim Campus
- 1973 - Alaska Native Human Resources Development Program
- 1975 - Northwest Community College
- 1977 - College of Rural Education and Extension - CREE
- 1980 - Chukchi Community College
- 1982 - Rural Alaska Honors Institute
- 1982 - Chukchi Community College Reopened
- 1988 - College of Rural Alaska (CRA)
- Chukchi, Northwest, Kuskokwim, Bristol Bay, Interior- Aleutians, CDE, Dept. of Rural Development, Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Rural Education, Tanana Valley Campus, CES
- 2004 - Name change from College of Rural Alaska to College of Rural and Community Development
- 2007 - Cooperative Extension Service moves to Provost's office
- 2010 - The Alaska Native Studies program transfered to the College of Rural and Community Development, joining the Department of Alaska Native and Rural Development.
- 2012 - Center for Distance Education change to UAF e-Learning and Distance Education. Moved to the Chancellor's office.