Winter Break Housing
If you are going home (or just leaving campus) for winter break you do not have to move out! Take what you need with you and leave the rest in your room. You will have the same room for spring unless you have made other arrangements with the central Residence Life office (MBS complex).
Resident halls close on Friday, December 20, 2013 at 12:00PM (Noon) and officially open Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 8:00AM. Residents who stay after hall closing or return before halls open need to complete the winter break housing application. Students that apply for housing before 5:00PM Friday, October 25, 2013 will receive a $100 discount. Winter Break Application Download Here!
To be eligible for Winter Break Housing, student must:
- Have a Fall 2013 Housing Assignment
- Have a Spring 2014 Housing Assignment
- Register for Winter Break Housing via the Winter Break Application
- All students who do not have a Spring 2014 assignment must check-out of their Fall 2013 assignment and fully move-out by Friday, December 20, 2013 at 12:00PM (Noon).
To be cancel Winter Break Housing, student must:
- If you have signed up for Winter Break Housing and wish to cancel you must do so prior to November 30th. Cancellations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Housing cancellations must be received in writing. Verbal cancellations to any staff members do not count as cancellations. Housing cancellations received after December 1st will be be subject to the dates and terms of the 2013-2014 housing contract.
The winter break housing rate is $550. The non-refundable charge will be billed to your student account unless the reservation is canceled in person or in writing by 5:00PM Friday, November 29, 2013. Only current residents of the Cutler Apartment Complex and Sustainable Village will be permitted to remain in their own room during the break at no additional charge.
The Winter Break period is an optimal time for University Facilities to inspect and repair areas of our residence halls. As always, the Department of Residence Life will provide as much notice as possible if entrance to residence hall rooms is required.
Meal Plans are not active and dining choices on campus are limited during the break please plan accordingly. Visit the Dining Services webpage (www.uafdining.com) for meal plan information.
If you plan to leave your vehicle on campus over the holiday, be sure to relocate it to the Taku Lot, (located along Taku Drive near Farmers Loop Road) or your car will be towed for snow removal!
CODE OF CONDUCT AND POLICIES
- All students residing on campus are expected to abide by the University of Alaska Fairbanks code of conduct, available in the Student Handbook.
- During this low-occupancy period, the Department of Residence Life urges all students, as always, to be mindful of their environment and always lock their doors while not in their room!