The Department of Residence Life provides options as diverse as our student body.
The cost of University Housing can vary depending on where you live, your class standing, and the type of room and building you choose to live in. UAF offers a wide variety of residence hall style and apartment style options. Housing charges include the cost of the student’s unit as well as all utilities, local phone service, high speed internet and in some cases, cable TV.
University policy requires a financial hold be placed on your student account if you fail to meet your financial obligations. The hold will prevent any registration, transcript, or graduation activity. Past due accounts will be sent to a collection agency. Interest, late fees, and/or collection costs will be added to your account. Past due debt may be reported to a local credit bureau. The University is authorized to garnish the State of Alaska PFDs for payment of past due accounts.
QUESTIONS? Contact the Business Office
- Web: Log onto UAOnline to pay with your Visa, Mastercard, Debit card, or checking account.
- By Mail: Send payments clearly marked to ensure it is credited to the proper student account to: UAF Business Office // PO Box 757640, Fairbanks, AK 99775-7640
- By Phone: We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Debit card payments over the phone during business hours. To make a payment on your account, call (907) 474-7384.
- In Person: If you would like to make a payment in person, please come to the UAF Business Office located on the first floor of Signers' Hall between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Wire Transfer: If you would like to pay by wire, please contact the Business Office for our banking information (907) 474-7384. Please ensure the financial institution references the student name and ID number so that we may identify what account we need to apply the payment to. Please allow at least 2 weeks for the wire transfers to post to your student account.
- *Please note that a $30 charge and a hold will be placed on your account for returned checks. This will prevent you from registering, viewing grades, receiving transcripts, and graduation activity.