Step onto the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus and you can sense it. This place feels right.
It’s what you’ve been looking for – a vibrant community that opens up an exciting new world of ideas, people and possibilities, but still provides the familiar comfort, convenience and security of home. A place to explore, experience and engage life – to have fun! It’s where you’ll make new connections and form lifelong friendships. A place to stimulate your mind, touch your spirit and exceed your expectations. The University of Alaska Fairbanks is a world-class institution that thrives on creative interaction between students, faculty, the local community and the world. From the 24hr Midnight Sun to Fairbanks’ signature -40 below, the campus is alive with possibilities. CLICK HERE for a printer friendly version of this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Rev-It-Up runs from 8:00am to 3:00pm on Sunday, September 1. In order to alleviate congestion, we suggest you arrive at the following times:
Last Name A-G: Arrive between 8:00am-10:00am
Last Name H-R: Arrive between 10:00am-12:00pm
Last Name S-Z: Arrive between 12:00pm-2:00pm
The above arrival times are a suggestion to help reduce your wait time. If you are unable to come at your suggested time, please feel free to arrive at any time before 3:00pm. CLICK HERE for printable driving directions to the Moore-Bartlett-Skarland Complex.
WHAT IF I ARRIVE AFTER REV-IT-UP?
If you arrive after 3:00pm on Septmeber 1, please go directly to your residence hall to check in. Resident Assistants will be on available to check you in, give you your key, and check out moving carts. If you arrive after 3:00pm, you will need to go to the Polar Express Office on Tuesday, September 3 to get your Polar Express Card.
WILL THERE BE A LONG LINE?
The majority of students will move into the residence halls during Rev-It-Up, so it will be a very busy day! However, we have taken steps to help the day run as smoothly as possible. All Residence Life Staff will be available to lend a helping hand!
WILL PEOPLE HELP ME MOVE?
Yes! When you arrive to the MBS Complex, you will see two large tents. Residence Life Staff will be there to assist with moving your belongings to your room. Please make sure that you label all of your belongings with your name, hall and room number.
WHERE DO I PARK?
There will be a 15-minute luggage drop off zone in front of the MBS Complex. Staff will be there to assist in unloading your vehicle as quickly as possible. Once you have unloaded your belongings, please move your vehicle immediately. Signs will be posted throughout campus to direct you to the right place.
UAF's NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
CLICK HERE to find out more about attending UAF's New Student Orientation. This program will help you successfully navigate through the beginning of your UAF experience.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?
- Twin XL bed sheets
- Clothing & Cold Weather Gear: jacket, coat, gloves, hat, and warm socks
- Alarm clock
- School supplies
- Medical Insurance Card
- Shower accessories: shower caddy, toiletries, towels/washcloths and flip-flops
- TV and coaxial cable cord
- Ethernet cord (if wanted, wireless is available)
- Automatic coffee makers
- Cup warmers
- Refrigerators (must be 3.5 feet or smaller in height)
- Microwaves (must be 1 cubic foot 1000 watts or smaller).
- Kitchen supplies: plate/bowl, silverware, cups, can opener
- Laundry basket, detergent, and dryer sheets
WHAT NOT TO BRING?
- Guns (Guns and ammunition cannot be stored in the residence halls. However you may store guns, and ammunition at the UAF Police Department).
- Any pets other than a fish (Fish aquariums may not exceed 10 gallons).
- Candles and incense
- Halogen lamps
- Open coil appliances
- George Foreman type grills
- Hot pots
- Space heaters
- A refrigerator larger than 3.5 feet in height
- Pressurized items (scuba equipment, CO2, helium, propane canisters)