New student orientation
After the student is accepted into the program, he or she will participate in a two-day orientation with other new RAP students immediately before the start of classes. The goals of this orientation program are:
- to develop a sense of community and identity among students and RAP faculty;
- to identify areas of common interest among students of the new cohort;
- to convey to students the importance, challenges, and opportunities of interdisciplinary research;
- to introduce students to the philosophical and ethical issues inherent to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural communication;
- to begin discussing key issues related to resilience and adaptation in Alaska and the globe.