Psychology Writing Center
The purpose of the Psychology Writing Center is to help students to write in APA format; which includes proper title pages, citations and reference sections, as well as general writing for psychology research purposes, familiarizing students with proper grammar and professional writing is also emphasized.
Spring 2014 Office Hours:
Mondays from 2:00-4:00pm
Tuesdays from 10:00-12:00pm
Thursdays from 2:00-4:00pm
What the writing center can do for you:
- Assist students in the use of the APA Manual.
- Review papers, projects, and presentations in conjunction with students to help with any problems using APA format, research writing, or problems with general grammar and flow for psychology assignments.
- Help students with writing problems they may be having in their current psychology courses.
- Students must be present and active contributors in the tutoring process. Papers that are "dropped off" for proof reading will neither be read nor corrected by the writing tutor.
- While the writing tutor is more than happy to assist students with writing needs and process, there is no guarantee by either the department nor by the writing tutor that the assignments assisted with at the writing center will guarantee an "A" in student work.
Remember that with hard work and a dedication to clear, concise, research-oriented writing, you too can become a great writer using APA format!