UAF PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT CLINIC
SCHEDULING AND FEES
The steps in the application process are as follows:
- Schedule a screening interview at the clinic by calling 907-474-1999. The screening interview will be conducted by a graduate student psychological trainee.
- At the time of the initial screening, you will be asked to fill out our "Client Information and Medical History" form, and read and acknowledge with signature , the "Notice of Privacy Practices" and "Informed Consent to Treatment" forms. This interview is meant to give you information about our clinic program, and also gives you a chance to ask questions. We will get basic information regarding why you are seeking services at this time. Please allow approximately an hour and a half for this first session. All other scheduled sessions will be fifty minutes to one hour in length.
- After the screening session, you will be assigned a therapist who will continue to work with you to achieve your goals. If it is determined that we cannot meet your needs, you will be provided with appropriate referrals to other community resources.
- Because the clinicians are Doctoral program students, the clinic is open based on the academic calendar; fall and spring semesters. We may not be able to schedule appointments between semesters or on University Holidays.
- Currently, the Psychology Department Clinic is only able to provide Psychological and Educational Assessments on a case by case basis, but we hope to offer this service to the Fairbanks Community at a later time.
There is no charge for the initial screening session, and for each additional appointment, the fee is $10.00. Currently, the clinical assessments are given on a case by case basis, and generally the fee is $25.00 per assessment. We do not accept any type of insurance, therefore, clients are expected to pay at the time that services are rendered. We accept cash and personal checks. All checks are payable to UAF. We do not accept any debit or credit cards at this time.