Psi Chi & The UAF Psychology Club
COME ONE COME ALL......It's a new semester & we want you involved! Not a psych major, NOT a problem.
Why? Because it's fun & looks great on your resume! WHY NOT....
Psi Chi & The UAF Psychology Club combined their efforts in baking "goods" for a good cause!
Each club had students participate in the Autism Awareness Bake Sale on Thursday, April 12th, 2012 in the Wood Center from 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Baked yummy treats were donated from faculty, staff and students. They sold gooey brownies, cookies to red velvet cupcakes with creamy cream cheese frosting.
All proceeds gathered will go to the Autism Society of Alaska.
The UAF Psychology Club is sponsoring a team to walk in the Autism Walk on April 28th, 2012.
Volunteer's are still needed!
If you would like to participate or get more information please contact: Lacey Brewster at, email@example.com.
The ladies enjoyed their time at the Autism Awareness bake sale in April 2012!!!
Psi Chi is a great opportunity to network:
- Provides national recognition for academic excellence in psychology
- Provides a local, regional, and national forum for obtaining information and developing perspectives about psychology
- Provides students with valuable opportunities to develop one-on-one relationships with professors who can stimulate interests.
- Students gain a sense of community with others in psychology
- Provides over $225,000 annually in awards and grants to it's student members, faculty, and chapters
- Encourages students research at the regional and national as well as local levels through undergraduate & graduate award competitions
- Looks great on resumes & employment applications
Requirements for Membership:
- Both undergraduate and graduate students who major or minor in Psychology
- Completion of 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college courses
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses
- Ranking in the top 35% of one's class in general scholarship
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in both psychology classes and in cumulative grades
Office: 238 Arctic Health Bldg, Room 238
Phone: (907) 474-5214