MOA-MOU POLICY GUIDELINES
The Office of the Provost, and the Assistant to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs will serve as the liaison and will work with the appropriate Dean’s office to assist with routing and finalizing each agreement.
The following types of MOA/MOU are routed through the Office of the Provost:
- All Academic Activities- Not including MOAs for Practicum students, since the major issue with those agreements is Risk rather than academic standards. "Academic activities" includes all other agreement related to credit-bearing courses and academic programs, as the Provost's Office needs to make sure that they meet accreditation standards and reports requirements. CRCD academic activities, including CTC, have CRCD review, as provided below. MOUs/MOAs that are not related to sponsored agreements (http://www.uaf.edu/ogca/lifecycle/3-develop/agreement-types/) but academic activities should be routed to the Office of the Provost. Sometimes these agreements will include funding for the program.
- MAP/CES Outreach and Extension- MOA or MOU concerning the activities of the Marine Advisory Program and the Cooperative Extension service.
- Academic and Research- Requires both signatures from Provost, and the Vice Chancellor of Research
MOA-MOU Website: http://www.uaf.edu/mou-moa/
MOA-MOU Template: To be used as the foundation for all agreements. Please keep in mind that the information included in the template is required for record-keeping in OnBase, and information can be added to meet the requirements of the external agency. The department/program/college will need to collaborate with the external agency in finalizing the contents of the agreement.
Academic Deans’ Offices Contacts:
- College of Liberal Arts, Melody Hughes (474-7231) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Fisheries and Ocean Science, Jennifer Harris (474-7111) - email@example.com
- College of Engineering and Mines, Ashley Lindsoe (474-6529) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Management, Ashley Witt (474-5611) - email@example.com
- College of Natural Science & Mathematics, Mandi Goddard (474-7608) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Natural Resources and Extension, Carmen Kloepfer (474-5807) - email@example.com
- School of Education, Cathy Morgan (474-5718) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elmer E. Rasmuson Library, Wendy Frandsen (474-7224) - email@example.com
- UA Museum of the North, Emilie Nelson (474-6443) firstname.lastname@example.org
- eLearning, Donna Oyen (455-2073) email@example.com
- College of Rural and Community Development, Izzy Martinez (474-5860) firstname.lastname@example.org
- UA Press, Nate Bauer (474-5832) email@example.com
- Summer Sessions, Katie Kennedy (474-6451) firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Jennifer Hoppough (Assistant to the Provost) at 474-7096 or email@example.com
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. UAF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University's commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA's statement of nondiscrimination available at www.alaska.edu/titleIXcompliance/nondiscrimination.