For Faculty, Staff, and Students
Alternate Link -use this link if the submit button does not work in your browser.
HOW WE WILL WORK WITH YOU AND FOR YOU
- Disclose your innovation - tell us what you've been working on.
- OIPC and the Intellectual Property Advisory Committee will review your innovation to determine whether it can be protected and how best to commercialize it.
- If the University chooses not to pursue commercialization, then ownership of the technology will revert to you.
- We'll work to patent or copyright your innovation.
- We'll work to commercialize your innovation by licensing to an existing company... or to a new company that you could choose to startup or be involved with.
- Royalties - get your share of proceeds from the commercialization of your innovation, typically the first $10,000 that comes back to the University and 50% thereafter.
THE INVENT ALASKA COMPETITION
Your innovation automatically gets entered into the Invent Alaska competition, which recognizes the best innovations developed at UAF and UAS by faculty, staff, and students. Visit the Invent Alaska webpage to learn more.
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Who doesn't want to be innovative and entrepreneurial? We'd like to hear what you're doing, and we want to share what we're doing. Also, visit innovatealaska.net.
GETTING A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS
Nanook Innovation Corporation and Nanook Tech Ventures add great value to our commercialization process. Nanook Innovation Corporation is a non-profit organization with a savvy board of directors looking to foster innovation and draw out the University's best technologies. Nanook Tech Ventures has a board filled with seasoned business professionals and investors interested in helping small startup companies successfully bring technology to the marketplace.