UAF is Alaska’s preeminent research university. The mission of UAF's Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization (OIPC) is to encourage broad practical application of UAF research for public benefit to support UAF's research, education, and outreach mission into the future through the following activities:
- Supporting the education and research mission of UAF by fostering creativity and innovation
- Encouraging and assisting individuals associated with UAF in the protection, licensing, and commercialization of their discoveries
- Initiating and sustaining cooperation and collaboration between UAF and businesses and industry, especially those based in Alaska
- Ensuring the equitable distribution of royalties and other monetary benefits derived from commercial application of intellectual property
- Advancing economic development objectives for Alaska and the nation
The Vice Chancellor for Research (VCR) Office is interested in your comments, concerns and suggestions regarding its units. All submissions will be sent directly to the acting VCR Assistant, ensuring that your comment is handled appropriately and promptly. Participation is voluntary and you may remain anonymous. Click here to share your thoughts and concerns.
Intellectual Property and Contracts Director