Opportunities to study at UAF for students from a non-partner institution
This application is intended for use by students on temporary study abroad programs with cooperating universities and institutions and by students intending to study at UAF for one or two semesters as part of a degree program in their home country. Students seeking a degree from UAF must submit the regular application for undergraduate or graduate admission can visit the Office of Admissions and the Registrar website for information on how to apply. The original copies of the exchange application form and all supporting documents, including current copies of your passport and transcripts, must be sent to the International Programs & Initiatives.
Submit the Following Documents directly to International Programs & Initiatives:
- International Student - Visiting Exchange Application
- A letter from your international office (preferred) or your department/faculty letting UAF know that your university is aware that you are attending UAF, and that the courses will transfer back to your home university and be used toward your home degree.
- Financial Statement for International Applicants Download, print, complete, sign, and mail this form directly to International Programs & Initiatives.
- You may not be 100% self-funded. That means that at least 51% of the funding that you show us has to be a loan, scholarship, or grant from a government, your school, etc. Please visit our costs page to estimate what amount you might expect to pay. As a study abroad student, you will pay non-resident tuition.
- Current transcripts
- Current copy of your passport (identification page only)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) if your native language is not English, a minimum score of 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer exam) or 550 (paper exam) is required. OR The minimum required IELTS score is 6.5.
Your application should reach the UAF International Programs & Initiatives by:
- April 1 for the fall semester or
- September 1 for the spring semester.
All documents must be submitted by these dates. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If you have any questions about the application process, or about living and studying at UAF as an exchange student, please contact Erica Keiko Iseri, Exchange and Study Abroad Advisor.
We recommend that you send documents electronically to Erica Keiko Iseri before sending them through the mail. She we will review your application for completeness.