Information for Degree-Seeking (F-1) Students
Current Degree-Seeking (F-1) Students
- Current class schedule and registration process
- Getting your Social Security number
- Final Semester Request for Reduced Course Load: Graduate / Undergraduate
- Program Completion Policy
- Off Campus Employment-Optional Practical Training(OPT) (Frequently Asked Questions) (Update Form).
- OPT 17-month Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) extension
- Off Campus Employment-Curricular Practical Training(CPT)
- F-1 I-20 Extension Procedures
- Travel guidelines - leaving the U.S.
- Tax Year Information and Forms
Please take the time to review this presentation by David Ware, noted immigration attorney. It provides information on post-graduation employment options for students graduating from US institutions, while also providing information on transitioning to H-1B status and permanent resident status. David Ware presented this information at UAF on April 14, 2011, and we'd like to thank him for allowing us to publish it to our website.
Insurance Waiver Form:
If you wish to request a waiver of the UAF student health insurance, you will need to complete the International Insurance Waiver Form and have it approved by OIPI staff. You will need to submit documentation of insurance coverage, see Insurance requirements for F-1 Students below for details.
Additional UAF IPI Forms are available here:
Here are some handy conversion tools:
Currency Converter by OANDA