- National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA)
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRA)
- National Conference on College Cost Accounting (NACCA)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- The Western Association of College and University Business Officers (WACUBO)
- Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC)
RACC was formed in 1993 as an independent non-profit organization. The Council is composed of active certified research administrators whose role is to certify that an individual, through experience and testing, has the fundamental knowledge necessary to be a professional research or sponsored programs administrator.
RACC currently offers the following certifications:
- Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP)
The FDP is a cooperative initiative among 10 federal agencies and 155 institutional recipients of federal funds for Phase VI. The program is sponsored by the Government-University-Industry Research Roundtable of the National Academies, with the purpose of reducing the administrative burdens associated with research grants and contracts. UAF has been a member of FDP since Phase V, and is continuing with Phase VI.
As an FDP member institution, the University of Alaska Fairbanks falls under special terms and conditions for selected federal funding agencies. These special terms and conditions apply to all FDP member institutions and allow special exceptions for some issues. In addition to the general terms and conditions for FDP members, there are agency-specific FDP terms that must also be followed.