Research Support Units
UAF's research efforts are supported by a diverse group of departments on campus. These services are in place to allow researchers to focus solely on discovery, problem-solving and advancing the world.
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
- Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization - assistance with intellectual property (patents, trademarks, copyrights, proprietary information) and commercialization of products stemming from research.
- Office of Research Integrity - oversight of research compliance at UAF, including human and animal subjects (IRB/IACUC), responsible conduct in research, export control regulations, plus biosafety and other issues.
- Financial Services - accounting and financial reporting; training; cash and debt management; travel; accounts payable; budget planning and process improvement efforts; student payment operations; manage receivables; e-commerce and credit card use guidance; ID card services, and printing services.
- Procurement and Contract Services - P&CS provides "convenient, timely, and cost effective acquisition of goods and services on behalf of the campus community, support for collaborative research, and professional administration and monitoring of contracts and subawards".
- Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management - EHSRM supports "the mission of the University of Alaska Fairbanks by anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and managing occupational safety and environmental matters through guidance, assistance, and education".
- UA Foundation - UA's 501(c)(3) branch that operates "to solicit, manage and invest donations for the exclusive benefit of the University of Alaska."
- UA General Counsel - "General Counsel serves as the chief legal officer of the Board of Regents, the Statewide Administration and the campuses throughout the university system."
- UA Office of Audit and Consulting Services - To "assist the Board and management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary and administrative responsibilities by providing analysis, appraisals, counsel, information and recommendations concerning activities reviewed and by promoting effective controls for the recording and reporting of operational activities and for the custody and safeguarding of assets."