Billing & Invoices
UAF collects money from federal and nonfederal sponsors using one of three methods:
- Drawing from an established line of credit (LOC draw)
- Submitting an invoice
- Advances and scheduled payments
The type of billing is established based on the sponsor requirements documented in the award terms and conditions. Regardless of the billing type, OGCA is responsible for the billing for all sponsored projects.
On a monthly basis, the PI and unit business offices with delegation authority should review their accounts through Banner and Q-menu to:
- Ensure that financial information accurately reflects the organization’s activity.
- Identify possible inaccuracies through a comparison of actual expenditures with the approved budget.
- Verify payments have been received from the sponsor.