Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Employee Equal Opportunity Rights and Responsibilities
• All UAF employees have a right to a workplace that is free of discrimination and unlawful harassment.
• If you believe this right has been violated, you have the right to contact D&EO and file a complaint of discrimination.
• Reporting discrimination is a federally protected right. If you are treated differently after you oppose discrimination, file a complaint of discrimination, or participate in a discrimination investigation, you have the right to file a complaint of retaliation.
• Appropriate conduct is a condition of employment. If you violate another’s civil rights, you can be subjected to disciplinary action.
• If you are subjected to harassment or a hostile environment, you must take reasonable care to report it to a manager, a HR official or to D&EO.
• UAF employees having knowledge of sexual misconduct (especially involving students) must immediately report all incidents to the appropriate authorities.