A Special Exhibition
Open through May 9, 2015
Discover the world's last frontier.
Ushering in a new world of ocean science, the R/V Sikuliaq begins its research journey in 2014. This state-of-the-art research vessel will aid scientists as they search for answers to our most pressing oceanographic questions. This exhibit explores the ship and the science, while taking a look at a history of creative, oceanographic instrumentation.
Explore the exhibit.
- Operate and tour models of the ship
- See the most important animals on the planet
- Collect creatures hiding in the ocean environment
- Explore depth and discover ocean currents
- Build a map of the seafloor using sound